2019 Goals - Week 5 of 52

I have been going through days of motivation and procrastination. No one is going to make me accomplish my goals except for myself so I have to kick my own butt in gear.

Mom, get your butt in gear!



Financial Goals

1. Make a monthly budget and check in regularly.
I set up my January and February budgets using Every Dollar and have been keeping track of my expenses. So far things are running smoothly.
January ✔✔✔✔✔ I checked in 1-2 times a week.
February ✔

2. Save $1500 for car fund. $450/$1500
I have an automated transfer set up to save $50 every 4 weeks. I saved a big chunk two weeks ago and my car insurance is due next week so I won't be saving any extra this go round.

3. Save $2000 for house updates. $400/$2000
No saving last week but I have set my sights on getting a new washing machine this year. We have realized our clothes are wearing out quickly even though we line dry everything. I think it has to do with the washing machine agitator.

4. Limit personal spending to $500 for the year. $17/$500
My personal items will include clothes, shoes, cosmetics, haircuts and personal gadgets.
I went to pick up my jeans and I ordered the wrong size but was able to exchange them and I got an additional 50% off so it worked out in my favor! I paid $17 for a $70 pair of denim!

Skinny Jeans $17


Home and Garden Goals

5. Build a new chicken coop.
I think we will work on the coop in the spring or on a warm weekend. My local feed store just posted pictures of some chicks not I have the fever! I better build a bigger coop! ;)

6. Redesign front yard garden.
This will be something G and I do in the spring.

7. Paint trim, ceiling, walls and built-ins in living room.
We have decided to begin painting the living room in two weeks over a long weekend. I even mentioned painting the hallway ceiling and trim so that may be added on.

8. Complete one large project.
We bought our home in 2015, had a new roof put on in 2016, painted our house in 2017 and did nothing in 2018 besides small projects so we are ready to do something big this year. We have many things we want to do to our home. Attic and crawlspace insulation, windows, driveway, or regrade backyard are some that come to mind.



Lifestyle Goals

9. Read/listen to 24 books. 3/24
I keep track of my progress on Good Reads.
1. Crazy Rich Asians - Kevin Kwan
2. China Rich Girlfriend - Kevin Kwan
3. The Stranger in the Woods - Michael Finkel

Currently listening to Rich People Problems - Kevin Kwan
Currently reading The Safest Lies - Megan Miranda

10. Try weekly meal prepping for four weeks. 4/4 Complete!
This week I didn't do a traditional meal prep of our lunches but I did some dinner prep and we will eat leftovers for lunch.

Here's what I have planned for the week.

Sunday - spaghetti (4 lunches left)
Monday - salmon burgers and salad (prepped the salmon patties with already cooked salmon from last week)
Tuesday - steak and sweet potatoes
Wednesday - leftover salmon burgers
Thursday - steak fajitas
Friday - spinach artichoke dip stuff chicken breasts

I used leftover chicken to make a small pot of white chicken chili, I pattied out 10 salmon burgers (froze 6 of them) and a cooked a half pound of bacon that was about to go bad. I have some leftover quiche in the freezer if I need two lunches. I will use leftover steak for the fajitas. I have a lot of spinach artichoke dip leftover from a super bowl party and I think I can make stuffed chicken breasts with that.


11. 30 Days of Yoga. 27/30
I am following along the YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene. I was late getting started but its better late than never! Almost done! I want to continue my yoga practices after the 30 days. I will attempt to practice 3 days a week.

12. Travel to a new place.
G and I usually have our annual vacation in late summer or fall. We had a couples trip in early January.

1. The Homestead in Hotsprings, Virginia







Comments

Popular Posts