2018 Goals - Week 2 of 52

I had this post ready Tuesday and then I got busy and never hit publish. Better late than never!

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. I am following YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. I haven't missed a day yet! I woke up late today so I'll have to practice tonight which is a bummer. I prefer to practice yoga in the morning. It helps me wake up and prepare for the day.  15/30

2. Read 20 books. I finished Your Money or Your Life. I listened to the audiobook which didn't even sound like someone reading from a book. It was quick, just over 2 hours, but had some really good points. I'm about half way through The Cold Dish. 2/20
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson

3. Visit a national park. We were talking about going to Maine this summer but now another couple has expressed interest in going to Yellowstone with us. Either way it will be awesome!


4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. Once I pay all the bills I will transfer some money over. $550/$2000

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to my car account. I’ll need to add the other $400 along the way. The draft should be coming out next week. $0/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. This won’t be happening until March/April. The small family run hatchery I am going to buy from just posted some 6 and 8 week old chicks available. It was tempting but I think it's too cold to put them outside. Plus she didn't have exactly what I am wanting.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month.  I am still in budget but I am nervous about making it to January 26. I needed to buy dog food so I went into Costco and managed to make it out with just the dog food, eggs and some popcorn for G's lunch. I have $45 left and will need to buy food for next week.

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. No spending this week.
$30 on Brooks running shoes, $2 on hairdryer. $32/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018:
Hiking shoes $90
Running shoes $60
Mascara $10
Bra $30
Undies $20
Haircuts $90 ($15x6)

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. Still not ready but I have been making some Whole30 dinners lately.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. No progress. I need to look at what I already have on hand and then order what I need.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. In the spring after a honey harvest and hopefully a round of good laying from my hens I’ll have something to sell.

12. Be a better beekeeper. They have been tucked away in the hives hopefully keeping warm. I lost my hive at work.

13. Finish a craft project.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog. It was fun! I hope to do some more sewing this winter.


Comments

Popular Posts