2018 Goals - Week 32 of 52
1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30
2. Read 20 books. 28/20 COMPLETE!
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
18. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
19. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
20. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
21. The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
22. Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart
23. Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
24. Marry Him - Lori Gottlieb
25. Stories I Only Tell My Friends - Rob Lowe
26. The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
27. Beartown - Fredrik Backman
28. My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry - Fredrik Backman (LOVED this book!)
Currently reading A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold
Currently reading Us Against You - Fredrik Backman
Currently listening to Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine (started and my loan expired!)
Educated: A Memoir
3. Visit a National Park. COMPLETE! I visited the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park in July.
I have been studying up on all things Glacier NP. There are some wildfires there now. I really hope they are contained and the smoke clears over the next 2 weeks.
4. Save $2500 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. I saved $50 last week. I haven't been able to save much lately because of vacations and small house updates (like the ceiling fan). I am wanting to kick it into high gear by mid September and get this goal complete. $2200/$2500
5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. No saving this go round. I had to pay for auto insurance. :( $907/$1000
6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. COMPLETE! I now have two tiny egg layers! They are really similar but one is more light in color, I think that is Dot's egg. Now it'll be two months before Betty the Easter Egger starts... just kidding... I hope!
7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I am hoping for a normal two weeks of groceries. I withdrew $150 and spent $72 yesterday at Aldi. $2566/$3900
8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. FAILED $478/$300
Even though I failed this goal, I am happy with my purchases. I will still aim to not spend anymore this year on clothing and other personal items. I will still get a few haircuts and replace anything that becomes ruined.
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Prana shorts and two tanks
Last week I met my goal!
Monday - elliptical at the gym
Tuesday - 30 minute run with the dog
Wednesday - elliptical at the gym, weights
We are really trying to go to the gym 3 times a week. G has been lifting weights and I am doing cardio and some weights and yoga. Getting up at 5:40 am has been rough! I am a morning person but even I have my limits! We are getting into the trend of skipping Friday mornings, need to nip that in the bud!
10. Have a better, more efficient garden. I spent 3 hours yesterday canning salsa and I only made 5 pints. I was hoping for more like 10 pints! I had 6 pounds of tomatoes for goodness sake! It was a lot of work for 5 jars of salsa. Let's hope it's good! I used homegrown tomatoes (variety of German Johnson, Homesteader, Cherokee Purple, and two more I already forgot!) and jalapenos.
11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. It won't be long and I may have some eggs to sell. With two new layers and two old layers I am getting 2-3 eggs a day. G has started eating eggs again so I may have to eat my word on ever selling our eggs.
12. Be a better beekeeper. I have been a real slacker. It's been well over a month. I love the bees but I just can't seem to find time to care for them. I hope they are fending for themselves well enough.
13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup.
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!
Need to do:
We found three chairs for our mix-match dining room. I need to recover all three and paint one.