2018 Goals - Week 31 of 52



1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 27/20 COMPLETE! 
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
18. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
19. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
20. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
21. The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
22. Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart
23. Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
24. Marry Him - Lori Gottlieb
25. Stories I Only Tell My Friends - Rob Lowe
26. The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
27. Beartown - Fredrik Backman
Currently reading A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold
Currently reading Us Against You - Fredrik Backman
Currently listening to My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry - Fredrik Backman
Up Next:
Educated: A Memoir
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine (started and my loan expired!)

3. Visit a National Park. COMPLETE! I visited the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park in July.
As of yesterday, I booked our flights to Montana! We will be visiting Glacier National Park and the area surrounding. YAY!

4. Save $2500 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. Still no saving because I need to buy a ceiling fan. Our bedroom fan started squeaking and it won't stop!  $2150/$2500

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. Nothing extra this week. $907/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. COMPLETE! Roni can fly. She can start on the ground and jump up to the 4 foot fence. Thank the heavens she can't jump 6 feet up and over to the neighbor's yard. Both neighbors have 2 dogs a piece that will probably not take a chicken too kindly.
Also, someone laid me a tiny first egg on Sunday! And again on Monday!

Quiver, Lucy and mystery egg (Roni or Dot)


7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I went a little over on groceries this last time. I spent $166 but I was afraid it was much more so I'm ok with it. Anytime I go to Costco with a big list it is bad news. $2416/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. FAILED $478/$300
Even though I failed this goal, I am happy with my purchases. I will still aim to not spend anymore this year on clothing and other personal items. I will still get a few haircuts and replace anything that becomes ruined.
I got a haircut last week, maybe the week before, and I forgot to list it here.
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $36 so far
Not planned:
Work pants $0 $20
Summer tops $0 $40
Prana shorts and two tanks $0 $87
Chacos $0 $110

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. Be active 3 days a week. So I have decided to nix the Whole30 reboot. I am instead going to make a goal of being active at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or more.

Last week I exceeded my goal!
Monday - elliptical at the gym
Tuesday - 30 minute run with the dog
Wednesday - bike at the gym, weights
Saturday - elliptical at the gym

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. The 7 tomato plants have decided to dump their fruit on me all last week. I had plans to make salsa this weekend but didn't find the time so now the tomatoes are in the fridge and there are more ripening daily. Maybe I can whip some up Wednesday night.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. I'm still getting 2 eggs every other day. I am so happy my sweet Quiver is laying again. Once the 3 littles begin I won't have to buy eggs any longer!

12. Be a better beekeeper. I have been a real slacker. It's been well over a month. I love the bees but I just can't seem to find time to care for them. I hope they are fending for themselves well enough.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Need to do:
We found three chairs for our mix-match dining room. I need to recover all three and paint one.

Comments

Popular Posts