2018 Goals - Week 28 of 52

I've been on vacation so this post is five days late and will be brief. I'll write a better post next Monday.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 25/20 COMPLETE! I just realized my Goodreads list of read books didn't match this list. I can't believe I've read 25 books this year!
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
18. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
19. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
20. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
21. The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
22. Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart
23. Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
24. Marry Him - Lori Gottlieb
25. Stories I Only Tell My Friends - Rob Lowe
Currently reading Beartown - Fredrik Backman
Currently reading A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold
Currently listening to The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton

Up Next:
Educated: A Memoir
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

3. Visit a National Park. I went on a mini vacation to San Antonio this week but I'll tell you about it Monday.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. I don't think I saved any last week. I'm still on vacation brain.  $2150/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. No extra savings. $857/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. COMPLETE! The new girls are now 20 weeks old! For two days last week they reverted back to roosting on top of the coop. I had to move them. I hope they get it worked out.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I didn't go to the store last weekend but I did go Thursday once I was home and spent $95. I have $45 for next week. $2250/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. FAILED $460/$300
I caved. So I've gained some weight and have one pair of shorts that fit. So I bought a new pair (that was on sale) and because I can't pass up a deal on my favorite apparel company's summer sale I also bought two tanks that can be worn hiking, at the gym or on runs. I also needed to replace my beloved Chaco sandals and they are pricey. So even though I failed this goal, I am happy with my purchases. I will still aim to not spend anymore this year on clothing and other personal items. I will still get a few haircuts and replace anything that becomes ruined.
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $18 so far
Not planned:
Work pants $0 $20
Summer tops $0 $40
Prana shorts and tanks $0 $87
Chacos $0 $110

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. Be active 3 days a week. So I have decided to nix the Whole30 reboot. I am instead going to make a goal of being active at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or more.

I started wearing my Fitbit again. It's been good for tracking steps but I haven't been recording exercise and I can't remember everything I do or on which day I did it. I'll try and do better. I pretty much walk the dog every day but some days it is for less than 30 minutes.

Tuesday - walked dog 30 minutes
Wednesday - walked dog 30 minutes
Thursday - walked dog 30 minutes




10. Have a better, more efficient garden. It's been really hot and dry in NC. My tomato plants are looking rough. I had to trim off more yellow and brittle leaves.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. The garden hasn't been producing enough to share.

12. Be a better beekeeper. I need to work in my hive but it's been so blasted hot.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Need to do:
We found three chairs for our mix-match dining room. I need to recover all three and paint one.

Comments

Popular Posts