2018 Goals - Week 27 of 52
1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30
2. Read 20 books. 22/20 COMPLETE! I can't seem to find an audio book I can get into lately. I just downloaded Rob Lowe's Stories I Only Tell My Friends so I'm hopeful. ;)
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
18. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
19. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
20. The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
21. Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart
22. Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
Currently reading Beartown - Fredrik Backman
Currently reading A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold
3. Visit a National Park. Well we have decided to take a vacation in August, probably to the NC/TN/VA mountains. I am also tagging along to San Antonio, Texas next week. The Missions National Historical Park is there. Not super grand but I will mark it off the list. Hoping to go to Great Smoky Mountains in August.
4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. No extra saving last week. $2150/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)
5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. I saved $150 last week. $857/$1000
6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. COMPLETE! The new girls are now 18 weeks old! Dot (Silver-laced Wyandotte) looks bigger every day. Her waddle and comb are coming in. I noticed this morning that Roni (Black Australorp) is starting to get her waddle and comb in too. Little Betty (Easter Egger) seems to be late although she was the first one that I noticed who started talking. They tried their first watermelon yesterday and loved it!
7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I splurged and bought a fresh loaf of sour dough bread and just the bread sent me over $4. Oh well! $2100/$3900
8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. $263/$300
No buying this week. I have an itch for some new clothes for our up coming trips. I want a few shirts that are transitional that I can hike/explore in and also go to a restaurant and feel half way decent. I'll try and hold out and use what I have.
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Thursday - hiked at work for 1 hour
Saturday - walked on the beach for an hour
Sunday - walked the dog at the arboretum for 30 minutes
10. Have a better, more efficient garden. One zucchini seed sprouted yesterday. We had a good heavy rain over the weekend so the garden is looking fresh. It was super hot last week and some of my tomatoes have brown crunchy leaves. I trimmed those off yesterday. I harvested two peppers and some tomatoes to make pico yesterday. Also harvested some beans, they are looking pretty puny from the heat and Japanese beetles taking bites out of the leaves.
11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. The garden hasn't been producing enough to share. I am about to get a boat load of tomatoes though. I plan on sharing with my in-laws this weekend.
12. Be a better beekeeper. I need to work in my hive but it's been so blasted hot.
13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup.
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!