2018 Goals - Week 15 of 52

I had a pretty good week. It was warm so the heat was turned off and we opened up some windows on Saturday.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 13/20 I haven't had much time to read during my lunch breaks but I have been listening to Endurance during my commute. It's a pretty good listen but Scott Kelly has a monotone voice.
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
currently reading The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
currently reading The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
currently listening to Endurance - Scott Kelly

3. Visit a national park. So the backpacking trip has changed again. Not sure I will make it to Great Smokeys on the trip. We will be going somewhere close to Asheville.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. Money is tight this week so no extra saving. $1800/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. I have to get an inspection, oil change and renew my license plate and vehicle registration. I will just pay all this and not save towards my car fund this month. $557/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. Moving the 3 chicks to the crate outside and back to the house is such a pain. I wish I had a set up where they could stay outside and safe from predators and the big girls. Briar, a Ameraucana, is so mean to any new chicken I bring around. Lucy, a Rhode Island Red, and Quiver, a Buff Orpington, are so sweet and don't bother the littles.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I used it all up. We'll just have to manage on what we have till Friday. $900/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. I slipped up last week but I don't regret it. I found a pair of light weight khaki-like pants at Costco for $20. I bought them and they make good summer work pants. I've been wanting something light to wear to work in the summer since shorts aren't always appropriate. The way I see it, I still have $86 for haircuts and anything else that I happen to need but didn't plan for. $214/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $9 so far
Work pants $0 $20

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. No plans on finishing this goal. I do need to make more meals with more veggies and less carbs. I also need to stop buying chocolate. lol

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. The basil has sprouted in the greenhouse. Parsley and Dill are slow but fingers crossed they make it. The tomato plants are doing well and we have started the hardening off process. I bought a greenhouse from Harbor Freight. We have plans to level the area, build a foundation and lay some paved stones down as the floor. By the time we get it built it will be summer and too hot to grow anything but I look forward to having some plants in it this fall and winter and starting seeds for next years flower and veggie garden!

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. I am hoping to have eggs to sell this fall. I want to make a cute sign to sit out on the sidewalk so neighbors will come.

12. Be a better beekeeper. I plan on checking my work hive on Tuesday. Our package of bees will be picked up Wednesday afternoon.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.

I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Comments

Popular Posts