2018 Goals - Week 13 of 52

The beach was fantastic. Nice and warm and sunny. I wish we could have stayed longer because they are calling for snow this weekend.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 11/20
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
currently reading The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman (library book that expired, will pick up later)
currently reading The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
currently listening to The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones

3. Visit a national park. So the backpacking trip has changed again. Not sure I will make it to Great Smokeys on the trip. We will be going somewhere close to Asheville.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. $1550/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. $557/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. Well we don't have a source for cardboard but we did have some plastic drop cloths that we wrapped around the chicken wire wall to try and keep the dust down. I had to add a top yesterday because Roni and Betty found out they can fly up and perch on the rim. I don't mind them perching but I do mind them pooping on my floor. Four more weeks and they will be outside. I love little chicks but I do not love the mess they make.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I used some grocery money for eating out while on vacation. I also went to the store on Sunday and spent $45. I have $33 left for the week and I know I need to pick up a few more things for dinners this week. I didn't meal plan so I will have to visit the store twice this week. $750/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. No spending this week. $121/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $9 so far

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. No plans on finishing this goal. I do need to make more meals with more veggies and less carbs. I also need to stop buying chocolate. lol

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. The tomato seedlings are doing well. G potted them up on Saturday.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. I am hoping to have eggs to sell this fall. I want to make a cute sign to sit out on the sidewalk so neighbors will come.

12. Be a better beekeeper. I will peek into the hive with the swarm this week. It's suppose to get cold again this weekend. I wish spring would stay around.
Cleaning out my hive at work.



13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.

I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Comments

Popular Posts