2018 Goals - Week 12 of 52

We spent the weekend visiting friends out of town and my brother is coming to stay for two nights and then we are off to the beach for 3 days. Busy, busy time but I am looking forward to a mini vacation.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 11/20
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
currently reading The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
currently listening to The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones

3. Visit a national park. So the backpacking trip has changed again. Not sure I will make it to Great Smokeys on the trip. We will be going somewhere close to Asheville.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. Since I have saved so well so far and I'm on the road to saving double what I planned to do I bought us a gift for the house. I ordered a Eufy robot vacuum. It comes Tuesday and I am excited to see how well it picks up dog hair and the dust bunnies that hide under the bed. $1550/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. $507/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. They are making such a big mess in the office. I like that they can see outside their brooder but it looks like cardboard walls are in their future.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I spent my last $2 on frozen yogurt so I didn't have any extra from last week. I spent $48 yesterday. We are heading to the beach for 3 days so I will spend some of my grocery budget on eating meals out. Not sure how this will work out. Normally, if I eat out I don't use my food cash. Maybe I'll keep $75 for grocery food when we return. $750/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. No spending this week. $121/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $9 so far

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. No plans on finishing this goal. I do need to make more meals with more veggies and less carbs. I also need to stop buying chocolate. lol

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. The tomato seedlings are doing well. I still need to pot them up. I've been dreaming of a greenhouse. Maybe that will be my birthday and Christmas present this year.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. Losing the bees and having older hens will limit what I sell.

12. Be a better beekeeper. We caught a swarm on Monday! When I peeked in the hive on Friday they were doing well. We had a cold weekend but it will warm up this week. I'm so happy I saw it happening!

Honey Bee swarm in Holly Tree


13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
We have plans to revamp an old gold mirror with chalk paint. We are waiting on the weather to be dry and warm so we can paint outside. I hear chalk paint is smelly stuff.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 

Comments

Popular Posts