2018 Goals - Week 4 of 52

I did some money saving this week and some yoga but not a lot else. I did have one splurge but it feels really great to put $450 into my saving accounts. Where was all this money going before? Insanity!

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. I am following YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. I'm still going strong and really enjoying it. Most videos have been 20-30 minutes which has been great. Maybe I'll keep this up for the whole year. Or aim for 3 times a week. I can tell a difference in my muscle tone and posture and I don't want to lose that!  27/30

2. Read 20 books. A Man Called Ove is a really great, easy read, unfortunately my loan time ran out and I was 80% through it and I'm now number 210 on the list for it again. I am so sad about that! I am also listening to Better Than Before. It's a book about habits and making a better life with habits. I enjoy listening to this kind of book on my commutes and reading fiction books during my lunch breaks. 3/20
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
 A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
 Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
up next Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan

Better Than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits--to Sleep More, Quit Sugar,Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life by [Rubin, Gretchen]


3. Visit a national park. Acadia, Yellowstone, who knows? We do have a mini beach trip planned for March, no national park there but I am excited to have a short trip. Planning a trip gives me something to look forward to.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. I had extra money after my bills were paid so I put $300 in my savings this week.  $850/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. I’ll need to add the other $400 along the way. I saved an extra $100 for my car fund this week. I also paid my car insurance for 6 months and it felt really great not having to take money out of this account to pay for it. $150/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. This won’t be happening until March/April.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). Payday was Friday. I withdrew $150 for food and went to Aldi, Target and Costco to stock up for the week. I spent $76 and have $74 left for next week. This is the 3rd time I've done this and it is starting to feel like a habit and I was really happy with the amount of money I was able to save in my house and car fund. My parents and some friends are cash only people and I know there will be times of inconvenience with going all cash but the results will be worth it.

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. I am trying a new bra and a pair of undies from Third Love. It's expensive, $68, but they have a month long trial period and if I don't like it I can return it. I figured since I saved on running shoes I can get a nicer, hopefully better fitting bra this year. I may not need to replace my hiking shoes but I do wear them for work everyday so I still want to include them just in case.
$30 on Brooks running shoes, $2 on hairdryer, $5 on mascara, $9 undies, $68 bra. $114/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 ($15x6)

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. My sugar demon has seemed to disappear this past week. We did go out for frozen yogurt but that has been the only sweet I've had. Not sure if I'm ready for my round yet.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. No progress. I need to look at what I already have on hand and then order what I need.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. Losing the bees and having older hens will limit what I sell.

12. Be a better beekeeper. Bad news. We lost all 4 hives. I think the bees froze to death. We plan to buy one package this spring and G will put his name on the swarm list so maybe we can catch a few this year.

13. Finish a craft project. Complete! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. It isn't very comfortable but it was good practice. The pair was practically new so I think I'll make a rice heating pad to use with the good sock. We are having a lot more aches and pains lately.

Image may contain: dog and outdoor

Comments

Popular Posts