2018 Goals - Week 39 of 52

Monday. Monday. Monday. I'm feeling motivated this week!

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30 I am thinking about doing a second 30 day yoga session. I miss yoga. I wanted to keep up with it and practice once a week but it hasn't happened this year.

2. Read 20 books. 35/20 COMPLETE! I finished three books last week!!! The Longmire Mysteries are pretty quick listens. I listened for a few hours on Sunday while vacuuming my car, cleaning the kitchen and cooking dinner.
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
18. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
19. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
20. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
21. The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
22. Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart
23. Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
24. Marry Him - Lori Gottlieb
25. Stories I Only Tell My Friends - Rob Lowe
26. The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
27. Beartown - Fredrik Backman
28. My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry - Fredrik Backman (LOVED this book!)
29. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman
30. Britt-Marie Was Here - Fredik Backman
31. Us Against You - Fredrik Backman
32. Educated: A Memoir - Tara Westover
33. Furiously Happy - Jenny Lawson
34. The Woman in Cabin 10 - Ruth Ware
35. Death Without Company (Longmire Mystery series # 2) - Craig Johnson
Currently reading A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold (I need to finish this book. I usually pick it up and read a few pages at the end of the workday while I wait on the clock.)
Currently reading The Boys in the Boat - Daniel James Brown
Currently listening to Kindness Goes Unpunished (Longmire Mystery series # 3) - Craig Johnson
Up Next: Stumbling on Happiness - Daniel Gilbert

3. Visit a National Park. DOUBLE COMPLETE! I visited the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park in July. I also visited Glacier National Park in August.

4. Save $2500 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. So I know I won't tick this off this month but look at how close I am? Only $250 left to save to make this goal complete. $2250/$2500

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. COMPLETE! Now that this goal is done I will focus on finishing up my savings goal for the house fund. My automated $50 draft will still come out every month so it isn't over yet. $1007/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. COMPLETE! I am so happy I added 3 girls to my flock. They are feeding me breakfast everyday!

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year).  $2931/$3900 I spent $70 at Aldi and Target yesterday so I busted my weekly budget. I needed some staple pantry items and those can bust my budget when I need multiple items. So now I have about $1000 for the last three months of the year. It doesn't sound like much but I think I can make it work or at least be very close to my goal.

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. FAILED $594/$300
Even though I failed this goal, I am happy with my purchases. I will still aim to not spend anymore this year on clothing and other personal items. I will still get a few haircuts and replace anything that becomes ruined.

Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $19
Haircuts $90 $36 so far
Not planned:
Work pants $0 $20
Summer tops $0 $40
Prana shorts and two tanks $0 $87
Chacos $0 $110 (old pair destroyed)
2 Brooks sports bras and running shorts $0 $64
2 pairs of jeans (zipper broke on work jeans) $0 $42

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. Be active 3 days a week. So I have decided to nix the Whole30 reboot. I am instead going to make a goal of being active at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or more.

I exceeded my goal this week!
Monday - 33 minutes on the elliptical and 15 minutes weights at the gym.
Tuesday - 360 minute hike, walked dog 20 minutes
Wednesday - 60 minute hike
Thursday - 80 minute hike
Friday - 33 minutes on the elliptical and 25 minutes weights at the gym

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. We cleaned up some of the summer garden over the weekend. Pulled all the weeds and some dying tomato plants.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. This goal isn't happening this year. With losing 3 honey been hives over the winter, only having 3 reliable egg layers and having a crappy summer garden I don't have anything to sell. My neighborhood market has also started charging a vendor fee. I wouldn't have enough product to sell to cover it so it just doesn't make sense. I've thought about having a small stand on the sidewalk but it never happened. Maybe next year!

12. Be a better beekeeper. ha ha ha!

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror frame with chalk paint.

Need to do:
We found three chairs for our mix-match dining room. I need to recover all three and paint one.

Comments

Popular Posts