2018 Goals - Week 33 of 52

I am on time this week! I won't be able to update my goals next Monday or at all next week so maybe I'll pop in on Friday before vacation starts.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 28/20 COMPLETE! 
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
18. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
19. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
20. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
21. The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
22. Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart
23. Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
24. Marry Him - Lori Gottlieb
25. Stories I Only Tell My Friends - Rob Lowe
26. The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton
27. Beartown - Fredrik Backman
28. My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry - Fredrik Backman (LOVED  this book!)
Currently reading A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold
Currently reading Us Against You - Fredrik Backman
Currently listening to Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman
Up Next:
Educated: A Memoir - Tara Westover

3. Visit a National Park. COMPLETE! I visited the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park in July.
Well the plane tickets have been booked and the fires are still burning our west but we are going to Montana despite it. I hope we can see at least part of Glacier National Park. We are going to be playing this trip by ear and taking it day by day.

4. Save $2500 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. I haven't been able to save much lately because of vacations and small house updates (like the ceiling fan). I am wanting to kick it into high gear by mid September and get this goal complete.  $2200/$2500

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. No saving this go round. I had to pay for auto insurance. $907/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. COMPLETE! 

Quiver the matriarch


7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I went over $20 at Aldi yesterday. I did buy more snack food than normal because we are headed to the beach this weekend. $2586/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. FAILED $542/$300
Even though I failed this goal, I am happy with my purchases. I will still aim to not spend anymore this year on clothing and other personal items. I will still get a few haircuts and replace anything that becomes ruined.

Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $36 so far
Not planned:
Work pants $0 $20
Summer tops $0 $40
Prana shorts and two tanks $0 $87
Chacos $0 $110
2 Brooks sports bras and running shorts $0 $64

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. Be active 3 days a week. So I have decided to nix the Whole30 reboot. I am instead going to make a goal of being active at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes or more.

Last week I exceeded my goal!
Monday - 33 minutes on elliptical at the gym, weights
Tuesday - 45 minute walk with the dog
Wednesday - 33 minutes on elliptical at the gym, weights
Friday - 45 minute walk with the dog
Saturday - 30 minutes walk with the dog

We skipped the gym Friday morning again. oops! But we did go on a long walk that evening.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. I threw in the towel with all squash. I tried three successions of plantings and the vine borers and squash bugs got them all. I have never had this issue before and usually end up giving away loads of zucchini and yellow squash.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. And just as I think I'll have extra eggs... the fall molt begins.

12. Be a better beekeeper. I have been a real slacker. It's been well over a month. I love the bees but I just can't seem to find time to care for them. I hope they are fending for themselves well enough.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Need to do:
We found three chairs for our mix-match dining room. I need to recover all three and paint one.

Comments

Popular Posts