2018 Goals - Week 25 of 52

I completed another goal 6 months early!

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 21/20 COMPLETE! I never would have considered myself a reader but would a non-reader read this many books over 6 months? I guess not.
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
18. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
19. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
20. The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
21. Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart
Currently listening to Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
Currently reading Beartown - Fredrik Backman
Currently reading A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold

3. Visit a National Park. Well we have decided to take a vacation in August, probably to the NC/TN/VA mountains. I am also tagging along to San Antonio, Texas in 3 weeks. The Missions National Historical Park is there. Not super grand but I will mark it off the list. Hoping to go to Great Smoky Mountains in August.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. No saving after last week.  $2150/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. No extra saving. $707/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. Everything is peaceful with the 6 girls. I am trying out a new organic, corn and soy free food soon. I hope the girls like it!

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I spent $85 last Sunday and $35 this Sunday and I used grocery money for eating out and I have $1 left till Friday. I usually don't count eating out in my food money but I just didn't want to cook that day. $1950/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. $263/$300
No buying this week. It's about time for a haircut.
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $18 so far
Work pants $0 $20
Summer tops $0 $40

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. I need to lose 10 pounds. I only have one pair of shorts that fit and I'm feeling miserable.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. I picked our first two tomatoes and made pico with them and a jalapeno (also from the garden). The zukes are flowering now. We ate some purple green beans the other night.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. I'm really not sure if this will be happening this year. I still only get one egg every other day.

12. Be a better beekeeper. I need to work in my hive but it's been so blasted hot.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Comments

Popular Posts