2018 Goals - Week 24 of 52

Life is on the mend. I started reading The Year of Less and it has me thinking about pairing down more and saving more.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 18/20 I never would have considered myself a reader but would a non-reader read this many books over 6 months? I guess not.
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
18. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
Currently listening to To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
Started reading The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
I'm still slowly reading Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart during my lunch break.


3. Visit a national park. Well we have decided to take a vacation in August. Haven't decided where but we do know it will be budget friendly.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. I saved $250 this week!  $2150/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. No extra saving. $707/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. I can't believe the littles will be 16 weeks on Wednesday. They will be switching over to layer feed soon! I am so happy they has figured out how to go inside the coop at night. I'm going to see about G fixing the automatic door so I won't have to ask the neighbors to check in on them twice a day while we go on vacation.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). Well we made it last week. We didn't have the greatest menu by the end of the week but we survived! I was given a squash by G's aunt and we grilled it and fixed some yummy buttered rice to have with our grilled chicken one night. Just proves that using up some items in the pantry can still be tasty. I spent $85 at the store this weekend. $1350/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. $263/$300
No buying this week. It's about time for a haircut.
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $18 so far
Work pants $0 $20
Summer tops $0 $40

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. We are seriously talking about getting a gym membership. I think it will be good to get back on an exercise routine.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. It is going to be terribly hot this week. I normally don't water our garden beds because they are heavily mulched but I did water everything Sunday morning and will probably water again tonight. The zucchinis are about to flower and we have some tomatoes that should be ripening soon.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. I'm really not sure if this will be happening this year. I still only get one egg every other day.

12. Be a better beekeeper. At home, G and I added a box to our two hives. We worked in the early morning shade so it wasn't too bad. I checked on my work hive today and the third box is a mess. I was an idiot two weeks ago when I added that box and forgot to put in a "starter frame" so they know where to drawn comb. It was already 85 outside and they were acting agitated so I called it a day after my quick bee program with the campers. I will need to clean up that box soon just hopefully on a cooler day. Maybe I will just scrap it all (save any honey) and put in fresh frames with two starters to get them going.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Comments

Popular Posts