2019 Goals - Week 3 of 52

I've been sick with a sinus infection so I am a few days late. I'm feeling better and gaining some motivation to knock off some goals!



Financial Goals

1. Make a monthly budget and check in regularly.
I set up my January budget using Every Dollar and have been keeping track of my expenses. So far things are running smoothly.
January ✔✔✔

2. Save $1500 for car fund. $0/$1500
I have an automated transfer set up to save $50 every 4 weeks. It will transfer on the 28th. I obviously need to save more than $50 per month.

3. Save $2000 for house updates. $250/$2000
My automated saving transfer of $50 happened last week but I also saved an additional $200. I'm already 1/8th of the way to my goal!

4. Limit personal spending to $500 for the year. $0/$500
My personal items will include clothes, shoes, cosmetics, haircuts and personal gadgets.
No spending last week but I think I will buy a pair of jeans and a tube of mascara soon.

So along the lines of this goal is also ridding our home of extra stuff and organizing what we keep in an accessible and pleasing way. While at home sick this weekend I worked on my pantry, linen closet and my kitchen towel drawer.





Home and Garden Goals

5. Build a new chicken coop.
I think we will work on the coop in the spring or on a warm weekend.

6. Redesign front yard garden.
This will be something G and I do in the spring.

7. Paint trim, ceiling, walls and built-ins in living room.
I think this will happen in the next month or two. I like to work on inside projects during the winter.

8. Complete one large project.
We bought our home in 2015, had a new roof put on in 2016, painted our house in 2017 and did nothing in 2018 besides small projects so we are ready to do something big this year. We have many things we want to do to our home. Attic and crawlspace insulation, windows, driveway, or regrade backyard are some that come to mind.



Lifestyle Goals

9. Read/listen to 24 books. 1/24
I keep track of my progress on Good Reads.
1. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

Currently listening to China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
Currently reading The Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel

10. Try weekly meal prepping for four weeks. 3/4
I really like meal prepping on the weekend for our weeks lunches and dinners. Because I was sick Sunday-Tuesday this week it didn't happen quite the same. We were also off of work on Monday. But here is what I did.

On Tuesday night I washed and cut fruit for the remaining 3 days lunches and prepped some components for dinners.
Sunday - frozen pizza (I was sick and didn't want to cook)
Monday - Instant Pot broccoli cheddar soup with crusty bread (leftovers for my lunches)
Tuesday - Instant Pot lasagna (leftovers for G's lunch)
Wednesday - Chicken fajitas (cut chicken breasts into strips on Tuesday)
Thursday - Burgers and tater tots (pattied out the burgers on Tuesday)
Friday - breakfast night (pancakes, bacon and eggs)

11. 30 Days of Yoga. 16/30
I am following along the YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene. I was late getting started but its better late than never! I began Yoga with Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga Challenge on January 7 so today is day 17 for me.

12. Travel to a new place.
G and I usually have our annual vacation in late summer or fall. We had a couples trip in early January.

1. The Homestead in Hotsprings, Virginia





Comments

Popular Posts