2019 Goals - Week 2 of 52

Here is my progress for week 2.



Financial Goals

1. Make a monthly budget and check in regularly.
I set up my January budget using Every Dollar and have been keeping track of my expenses. So far things are running smoothly.
January ✔✔

2. Save $1500 for car fund. $0/$1500
I have an automated transfer set up to save $50 every 4 weeks. It will transfer on the 28th. I obviously need to save more than $50 per month.

3. Save $2000 for house updates. $250/$2000
My automated saving transfer of $50 happened last week but I also saved an additional $200. I'm already 1/8th of the way to my goal!

4. Limit personal spending to $500 for the year. $0/$500
My personal items will include clothes, shoes, cosmetics, haircuts and personal gadgets.
No spending last week but I have decided I want a new pair of skinny jeans to wear with the cute boots my mom bought me for Christmas.



Home and Garden Goals

5. Build a new chicken coop.
I think we will work on the coop in the spring or on a warm weekend.

6. Redesign front yard garden.
This will be something G and I do in the spring.

7. Paint trim, ceiling, walls and built-ins in living room.
I think this will happen in the next month or two. I like to work on inside projects during the winter.

8. Complete one large project.
We bought our home in 2015, had a new roof put on in 2016, painted our house in 2017 and did nothing in 2018 besides small projects so we are ready to do something big this year. We have many things we want to do to our home. Attic and crawlspace insulation, windows, driveway, or regrade backyard are some that come to mind.



Lifestyle Goals

9. Read/listen to 24 books.
I keep track of my progress on Good Reads. I haven't finished a book yet but I am getting close!
Currently listening to Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
Currently reading The Stranger in the Woods by Michael Finkel

10. Try weekly meal prepping for four weeks. 2/4
My morning routine went much smoother last week because our lunches and snacks were planned and ready to be grabbed. We had a rainy weekend so I decided to try another week of meal prepping but did things a little differently.





I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup in the Instant Pot on Saturday to have for dinner and for lunches.
I made turkey tacos for dinner on Sunday and made rice for 3 burrito bowls for G's lunches.
I made a quick marinade for baked lemon Parmesan chicken and that is ready for Tuesday night and for leftovers. I think chicken gets too dry when reheated in the microwave so limiting that is a good decision for mine and G's bellies. I will also roast some potatoes and broccoli on Tuesday night to go along with the chicken.
On Wednesday the plan is to make chicken teriyaki with peppers, broccoli and mushrooms and rice. G isn't a huge fan of Asian food so the leftovers will be all mine. :D
I washed and cut up fruit for two days. I will cut up the rest of the week's fruit on Tuesday night.

11. 30 Days of Yoga. 8/30
I am following along the YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene. I was late getting started but its better late than never! I began Yoga with Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga Challenge on January 7 so today is day 8 for me. I am already feeling the effects yoga has on me. I am sitting up taller, a little sore (especially from day 6's ab workout), have a clear mind and breathing easy. I love yoga and every year that I participate in Adriene's challenge I say to myself that I will incorporate yoga into my life year round, not just in January. Maybe 2019 will be the year.

Ellie loves checking in on Benji everyday while I practice yoga.

12. Travel to a new place.
G and I usually have our annual vacation in late summer or fall.

1. The Homestead in Hotsprings, Virginia




Comments

Popular Posts