2019 Goals - Week 1 of 52





Financial Goals

1. Make a monthly budget and check in regularly.
I set up my January budget using Every Dollar last week but I need to add in some expenses.

2. Save $1500 for car fund.
I have an automated transfer set up to save $50 every 4 weeks. It will transfer on the 28th.

3. Save $2000 for house updates.
I have an automated transfer set up to save $50 every 4 weeks. It will transfer on the 10th.

4. Limit personal spending to $500 for the year.
My personal items will include clothes, shoes, cosmetics, haircuts and personal gadgets.
No spending last week.



Home and Garden Goals

5. Build a new chicken coop.
I think we will work on the coop in the spring or on a warm weekend.

6. Redesign front yard garden.
This will be something G and I do in the spring.

7. Paint trim, ceiling, walls and built-ins in living room.
I think this will happen in the next month or two. I like to work on inside projects during the winter.

8. Complete one large project.
We bought our home in 2015, had a new roof put on in 2016, painted our house in 2017 and did nothing in 2018 besides small projects so we are ready to do something big this year. We have many things we want to do to our home. Attic and crawlspace insulation, windows, driveway, or regrade backyard are some that come to mind.



Lifestyle Goals

9. Read/listen to 24 books.
I keep track of my progress on Good Reads.
Currently listening to Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

10. Try weekly meal prepping for four weeks. 1/4
I spent 4 hours meal prepping on Sunday for the week and have all our lunches (10 meals) portioned out.
I made salsa chicken in the Instant Pot, along with rice and added black beans and corn for G's lunch.
I made chili in the Instant Pot for a quick Monday dinner and a few lunches.
I made apple sage pork chops for Sunday's dinner and had 2 servings left.
I had leftover steak and made fajitas over rice for 2 lunches.
I washed and cut up fruit for two days. I find that cutting fruit and waiting to eat it 5 days later is a bad decision. :D



11. 30 Days of Yoga.
I am following along the YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene. I am late getting started, actually haven't started at all, but plan to tonight (Monday).

12. Travel to a new place.
We did travel to a new place last week but I'm not going to call this goal complete.
We were invited to join another couple on a snowboard trip to The Homestead resort in Hot Springs, Virginia. I have to say I didn't research the place upfront and was a little blown away by the high class service and amenities they offer. We had a good time but G and I like a more laid back (i.e. less expensive) trip.



Comments

Popular Posts