2018 Goals - Week 26 of 52

Well I've been busy dreaming of a farm and busy with the July 4th holiday to update my goals this week but here it is! The year is officially half way over.
NC Natives; Black-eyed Susan, Butterfly Weed and Purple Coneflower in the way back.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 22/20 COMPLETE! 
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
16. The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah
17. Into the Water - Paula Hawkins
18. The Nightingale - Kristen Hannah
19. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
20. The Year of Less - Cait Flanders
21. Wicked Plants - Amy Stewart
22. Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
Currently reading Beartown - Fredrik Backman
Currently reading A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold

3. Visit a National Park. Well we have decided to take a vacation in August, probably to the NC/TN/VA mountains. I am also tagging along to San Antonio, Texas in 2 weeks. The Missions National Historical Park is there. Not super grand but I will mark it off the list. Hoping to go to Great Smoky Mountains in August.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. No extra saving last week.  $2150/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. I just transferred $150 to the car fund. I am thinking for next year I will start saving $200/month for a car to get back in the hang of making a car payment. I had plans to continue making a payment to myself so I could pay cash for my next car but things happen.... like houses. $857/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. COMPLETE! The new girls are now 18 weeks old! Time sure does fly. I have been fermenting their new Scratch and Peck food. All 6 girls are loving it. Instead of taking them treats in the morning they are getting their fermented daily food ration. I still have the free choice gravity feeder with dry feed in case they didn't get enough and for when I'm out of town. I noticed Betty (the new Easter Egger) and Dot (Silver-laced Wyandotte) started using their big girl voices this week. Eggs will be coming soon!!!

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I have $63 left for the next week. G is out of town for 4 days so maybe I can eat cheap. $2100/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. $263/$300
No buying this week. My beloved Chacos are falling apart. I didn't know this was going to happen so I didn't budget for a new pair. I have tried on a different size and style that I like a lot more but of course they aren't on sale. My plan is to wait for REI's 20% sale this fall and buy the pair I want. My  current pair lasted 11 years! That's really impressive for a pair of shoes!
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $18 so far
Work pants $0 $20
Summer tops $0 $40

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. I am starting to feel motivated to move more. At the pool yesterday I swam a bit in between beers. ;) I also hiked this morning and have plans to hike with the dog this weekend. There is free yoga class Friday night that I may go to.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. So much has changed in a week. My 6 zucchinis all died from vine borers. I was able to eat two zukes before they all bit the dust. :( We planted some more seeds in hopes any eggs that remain will hatch and won't be able to feed since the new plants aren't up yet.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. I was looking forward to having a small veggie stand in the driveway this weekend with the extra zukes (I had so many little ones!) but that plan has faded now. I also just found out that vendors at my neighborhood market now have to pay to have a booth so we won't be doing that any longer. I am going to try the driveway stand when the eggs start rolling in.

12. Be a better beekeeper. I need to work in my hive but it's been so blasted hot.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Comments

Popular Posts