2018 Goals -Week 18 of 52

Spring has sprung and we've been busy little bees working on our tiny piece of land.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 15/20 I've been more into listening to audio books lately than reading paper books. I am busy at work in the greenhouse and I can listen and work at the same time.
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
14. Endurance - Scott Kelly
15. Counting by 7s - Holly Goldberg Sloan
currently listening to The Great Alone - Kristen Hannah

3. Visit a national park. Pacific NW or Maine. Decisions....

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. The cost for my cars maintenance put a dent into my money. I did save $50 for the house though. $1850/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. No saving this week. I spent $200 on a oil change, state inspection and a battery. $607/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. It's been over two weeks and the littles are still not making it inside the coop at night. I've got to figure something out. I feel bad about closing them up in there for days, which is what is recommended in the first place. It's just not big enough to block them off and let the old girls come and go to lay eggs and roost at night.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I am not too certain but I believe I spent $100 at Aldi and Costco the last two days. I'm too lazy to pull out my wallet and see what I have left. $1200/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. $223/$300
No spending. Yee Haw!
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $18 so far
Work pants $0 $20

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. No plans on finishing this goal. I need to change something. I've gained a few pounds and my work clothes aren't fitting that great. I hate dieting. Maybe I'll do a Whole7 to kickstart myself.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. I didn't get to plant much this past week. I still have tomatoes and herbs to plant. I have been harvesting strawberries the last week.



11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. I am hoping to have eggs to sell this fall. I want to make a cute sign to sit out on the sidewalk so neighbors will come.

12. Be a better beekeeper. Everyone is flying but I haven't been able to peek inside the last week.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.

I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Comments

Popular Posts