2018 Goals - Week 16 of 52

I spent most of the weekend outside soaking up the nice warm days before the rain comes this week. I slacked on the indoor chores so I need to catch up with all that.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 13/20 I am almost done with Endurance. I can't get into The Remains of the Day and the loan expired. I also am over half way through The Genius of Birds but I haven't had time to read at work the past two weeks.
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
currently reading The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
currently reading The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
currently listening to Endurance - Scott Kelly

3. Visit a national park. Well we are suppose to go backpacking in two weekends. I haven't been hiking at all like I use to and this trip is going to be strenuous. Yikes. I look forward to visiting Great Smokey National Park though.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. No saving this week. I bought a greenhouse! $1800/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. I have to get an inspection, oil change and renew my license plate and vehicle registration. I will just pay all this and not save towards my car fund this month. $557/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. Well at 7 weeks, 3 days old I moved the 3 chicks (now officially pullets) outside. They don't call the coop home yet so I have to physically put them in at night. They seem to enjoy the big run and are trying their best to stay out of the big girls way. The big girls keep eating the chick food and drinking their water (even though it's the same thing in their big container!)

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I did really well this week. Spend $45 at Aldi and will have to pick up a few things mid week but under budget so far. $1050/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. $214/$300
I need a haircut! I was going to try and wait for the $7 sale again but may just bite the bullet and get it done soon.
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $9 so far
Work pants $0 $20

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. No plans on finishing this goal. I do need to make more meals with more veggies and less carbs. I also need to stop buying chocolate. lol

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. We fixed up the old bee yard to be a shade garden with some native perennials (seersucker sedge, woodland phlox and Virginia bluebells) and a few non natives that we love (coral bells and raspberries on the edge where it's sunnier).

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. I am hoping to have eggs to sell this fall. I want to make a cute sign to sit out on the sidewalk so neighbors will come.

12. Be a better beekeeper. I was so busy at work last week I didn't get to check on the bees. I plan on doing it Thursday or Friday this week. I need to make sure they are taking care of the larva.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.

I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Comments

Popular Posts