2018 Goals - Week 14 of 52

Well it didn't snow this weekend but it was cold and rainy on Saturday and sunny and cool on Sunday. Looks like it will warm up this week. I hope the cold weather is behind us now.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. 13/20 I finished listening/reading The Salt Line and listening to Flat Broke with Two Goats.
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
10. The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda
11. Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
12. The Salt Line - Holly Goddard Jones
13. Flat Broke with Two Goats: A Memoir - Jennifer McGaha
currently reading The Genius of Birds - Jennifer Ackerman
currently reading The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
currently listening to Endurance - Scott Kelly

3. Visit a national park. So the backpacking trip has changed again. Not sure I will make it to Great Smokeys on the trip. We will be going somewhere close to Asheville.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. Saved $250 this week. Almost to my goal! $1800/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. $557/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. The girls keep growing and I am ready to get them outside. It was too cold to take them out this weekend. If we have a warm evening this week I will take them out and they will get some outside time this coming weekend. They will be 6 weeks old on Wednesday!

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I stocked up at Costco on chicken and ground turkey, frozen fruit and snack items. I have $46 left until April 20th. I think I can make it. $900/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. I ordered a pair of hiking shoes and a pair of no-show socks to wear with my old Vans from REI this week. I used my member discounts and my dividend (a whooping $1.61!) and still only spent $73. I really hope the shoes work out because they were a great price. $194/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90 $73
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $9 so far

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. No plans on finishing this goal. I do need to make more meals with more veggies and less carbs. I also need to stop buying chocolate. lol

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. The tomato seedlings are still doing well. I planted some herbs in the greenhouse at work.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. I am hoping to have eggs to sell this fall. I want to make a cute sign to sit out on the sidewalk so neighbors will come.

12. Be a better beekeeper. I checked on the bees on Friday. They were honey bound from storing what I was feeding them instead of eating it!!! The queen only had a small amount of eggs laid and fewer larva. I pulled three frames of honey that they stored and put in some one year old brood comb my an old hive. I hope she found it and is laying. Our package of bees will be picked up next week.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.

I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 
Painted a mirror with chalk paint. It wasn't smelly at all!

Comments

Popular Posts