2018 Goals - Week 10 or 52

We finished painting the dining room Friday Night. It was G's birthday weekend so we had some friends over and went roller skating! It was fun and I think everyone had a good time reliving their youth.

1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. I am still reading Manhatten Beach and began listening to Hillbilly Elegy on Sunday while painting. 9/20
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
7. Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly
8. Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
9. Hillbilly Elegy - JD  Vance
currently listening to Outliers: A Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
currently reading The Perfect Stranger - Megan Miranda

3. Visit a national park. A group of friends have decided to go to Great Smokey Mountains on a backpacking trip in early April. Looks like this will be my National Park! I still really want to go to Maine but we have a lot of house projects coming up and need to use the money on that instead of vacation. I'm sad about it but it will be nice to have a more efficient (cheaper) home.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. I just paid the bills Friday and need to transfer my money to savings but haven't yet. The automatic draft for $50 went through Friday. $1150/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. $507/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. I picked up three chicks last Saturday! They are growing like crazy and so sweet.

Week old chicks; Betty, Veronica and Dot.


7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I spent $50 at Costco on Sunday and will need to pick up a few other items this week. $650/$3900

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. No spending this week. $114/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 $9 so far

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. I'm thinking I will do a short 1-2 week version right before our beach trip. It will be tough staying compliant during the trip.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. We lost some cabbage seedlings. The tomato seedlings are during okay.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. Losing the bees and having older hens will limit what I sell.

12. Be a better beekeeper. We lost all 4 hives. I think the bees froze to death. We plan to buy one package this spring and G will put his name on the swarm list so maybe we can catch a few this year.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
We have plans to revamp an old gold mirror with chalk paint. I'm hoping to start on that this week.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. 

Comments

Popular Posts