2018 Goals - Week 7 of 52

Spring is coming! The daffodils have sprouted, the cherry trees are blooming, the Robin's are singing, Hallelujah! I can feel the motivation swelling inside me and I'm ready for a project. The plan is to clean the dining room and paint this weekend! Yay!


1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETE! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. I am reading Manhatten Beach and listening to Hidden Figures 6/20
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
5. Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
6. The Whole30 - Melissa Hartwig
currently reading Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan
currently listening to Hidden Figures - Margot Lee Shetterly

3. Visit a national park. Acadia, Yellowstone, who knows? Now thinking Great Smokey Mountains will be easier, possibly done on a long weekend. Still really want to go to Maine too.

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. I can't believe I'm already half way to my goal and it's only February! I plan on putting some extra money in after I pay bills next week. $1100/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. I’ll need to add the other $400 along the way. I received my tax refund and I put the money into my car account. I will probably use this money for registration and tags that is coming up in April or I won't be able to save any money that month, we will see.  $457/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. This won’t be happening until March/April. If it weren't for our mini beach trip at the end of March I would have already gotten chicks. I have chick fever!

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I received my Costco rewards in the mail so I went on a stock up trip to buy frozen fruit, cereal, snacks and chicken breast. I also bought some non food items like potting soil and wiper blades. I am counting the $90 as extra money. I spent $52.08 at both Costco and Aldi.

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. No spending this week!
$114/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 ($15x6)

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. Since falling off the horse two weeks ago I haven't gotten back on completely. I am still eating Whole30 meals but I am having 2-3 Girl Scout cookies a day. I don't think I will complete a round this year. I'm thinking I can control my weight and sugar dragons well.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. We pulled weeds in 4 of the 6 beds on Sunday and planted a few things.
One 4x8 bed has Crimson Clover as a cover crop. I'll put squash in the bed this summer since they are heavy feeders.
One 4x4 bed I planted rows of carrots and radish. It still has three kale plants as well.
One 4x8 bed is a mix of greens and peas.
One partial bed is a turnip patch.

We started some seeds as well.
Tomatoes, eggplant, and cabbages.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. Losing the bees and having older hens will limit what I sell.

12. Be a better beekeeper. We lost all 4 hives. I think the bees froze to death. We plan to buy one package this spring and G will put his name on the swarm list so maybe we can catch a few this year.

13. Finish a craft project. COMPLETE! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.


I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. It isn't very comfortable but it was good practice. The pair was practically new so I think I'll make a rice heating pad to use with the good sock. We are having a lot more aches and pains lately.

Comments

Popular Posts