2018 Goals - Week 5 of 52


1. Complete 30 days of yoga. COMPLETED! I followed YouTube channel Yoga with Adriene to complete this goal. True 30 day yoga journey.  Practicing daily yoga became a habit and I looked forward to it every day. I completed 30 days of yoga this past week. I haven't practiced since. I really need to. 30/30

2. Read 20 books. A Man Called Ove was available in a paper copy at my library so I was able to finish it - hallelujah! I am nearly done listening to Better Than Before. 4/20
1. MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood
2. Your Money or Your Life - Vicki Robin
3. The Cold Dish (Longmire Mystery series)- Craig Johnson
4. A Man Called Ove - Fredrik Backman
 Better Than Before - Gretchen Rubin
up next Manhattan Beach - Jennifer Egan

3. Visit a national park. Acadia, Yellowstone, who knows?

4. Save $2000 for house updates. I need to put $154 into the account every other paycheck (13 times) to make my goal. I'm still feeling really proud that I saved so much last week. Beats a new sweater any day. $850/$2000 ($550 is from Christmas gifts)

5. Save $1000 towards a new car. I have an automatic draft set up for $50 every month to go into my car savings account. I’ll need to add the other $400 along the way. I've been dreaming about a Subaru; better keep saving! $150/$1000

6. Add 3 chicks to my flock. This won’t be happening until March/April. The hatchery posted a bunch on chicks for sale last Friday! I hope she has more in a month. I still think it's too early.
My flock last spring.

7. Cut back my food budget to $325/month ($3900/year). I spent $76 at Aldi, Target and Costco. Then $24 at Walmart mid week. Spent the remaining $50 at Aldi and Whole Foods yesterday. I had to use the leftover $7 from January but I didn't go over. Aldi was sold out of a lot of our staple fruits so I had to rethink my plan. I am also on week 1 of my Whole30 so I figured I would spend a little extra to buy compliant foods (i.e. fresh ground almond butter from Whole Foods).

8. No buying personal clothing and other items other than the following few items. No spending this week! I'm feeling bittersweet about my new Third Love bra that I bought last week. Bitter because it's the most expensive bra I've ever bought but sweet because it is the most amazing bra ever. I can't even tell I am wearing it. With my old one I was constantly pulling on it. It was worth the money for me and fingers crossed it lasts a year of daily use. I sure don't look forward to laundry day when I have to go back to an old one. I wasn't a fan of the undies though.
$114/$300
Here are my estimates on the cost of the items I plan on buying in 2018 and what I really spent:
Hiking shoes $90
Running shoes $60  $30
Mascara $10 $5
Bra $30 $68
Undies $20 $9
Haircuts $90 ($15x6)

9. Complete a third round of Whole30. I started my third round on February 1st. Today is day 5 and I am feeling good. Hanging out with friends has been a drag. Too many people offered me a drink at the Super Bowl party and when I declined they gave me that "hmm are you pregnant?" look. I didn't feel like explaining the Whole30 to them.

10. Have a better, more efficient garden. No progress. I need to look at what I already have on hand and then order what I need.

11. Sell excess produce, honey and eggs at my neighborhood farmers market. Nothing to sell this time of year. Losing the bees and having older hens will limit what I sell.

12. Be a better beekeeper. We lost all 4 hives. I think the bees froze to death. We plan to buy one package this spring and G will put his name on the swarm list so maybe we can catch a few this year.

13. Finish a craft project. Complete! Let's see if I can do some more.
I darned one sock.
I sewed a bandanna for my pup Ellie. Then I made a second one for my mom's dog.
I patched a hole in a Smartwool sock that Ellie chewed when she was a pup. It isn't very comfortable but it was good practice. The pair was practically new so I think I'll make a rice heating pad to use with the good sock. We are having a lot more aches and pains lately.

Comments

Popular Posts